RectorSeal® Introduces Big Foot® Stands, the Equipment Support System for Minisplit and VRF/VRV Condensers
RectorSeal® Corp., Houston, a leading manufacturer of HVAC products and accessories, has added Big Foot® Stands to its Big Foot® Systems product line of HVAC equipment mounts. Big Foot Stands support all brands/models of ductless minisplit system (DMSS) and variable refrigerant flow/volume (VRF/VRV) condenser units
Big Foot Stands are square tubular galvanized metal equipment supports with eight-inch-square nylon footings that distribute weight evenly and absorb condenser vibration. They assemble in less than 10 minutes with only eight bolts and provide a solid foundation for condensers, as well as other HVAC equipment. DMSS Big Foot Stands support up to 386-pounds and the VRF/VRV designs support up to 1,323-pounds, both of which account for every brand and model in the industry. Each stand holds one condenser, but is scalable by connecting extender stands in tandem to accommodate as many additional condensers as desired.
Big Foot Stands enable contractors to surpass equipment mount building codes with a 12-inch and 18-inch height for DMSS and VRF/VRV condensers, respectively. This protects against flooding, snow drifting, ice damming and potential landscape maintenance damage. A height extender for the DMSS stand adds six inches for a total ground clearance of 24-inches.
The DMSS stands are flat-packed in a stackable compact box that's 40 (L) x 14 (W) x 4-5/16-inches (D) and 49-pounds. VRF/VRV packaging ranges from 77-pounds and 49-5/8 (L) x 20-1/2 (W) x 5-1/8-inches (D) to 90-pounds and 58-1/4 (L) x 14-9/16 (W) x 6-11/16-inches (D).
Other features of Big Foot Stands are:
- nylon footings have four bolt holes for optional anchoring on the ground or concrete pad or other acceptable surfaces;
- crossbars and stand bases have multiple, universal adjustment points to accommodate any equipment's unique feet configurations;
- mounting is also possible for selected rooftop applications;
- more corrosion-resistant than competing powder-coated and painted stands;
- cost-competitive pricing that's less than custom-engineered frames;
- supports conventional HVAC equipment with dimensions within the product line's weight and dimensional specifications;
- stocked and available through most HVAC wholesale distributors.
RectorSeal is the exclusive North American agent for Big Foot Systems, the industry standard for free-standing rooftop mounting of air conditioning, refrigeration and other mechanical equipment. They are modular and completely flexible, allowing for multiple design layouts and easy leveling on irregular surfaces. Mounting is strong, secure, vibration absorbent and leak proof, as there is no penetration of the roof membrane, resulting in a high performance and aesthetic appearance.