Job Title: Contract Marketing Technical Writer
Hiring Term: 6 month contract with the possibility to become full time
The growing RectorSeal Marketing is seeking an energetic and creative Technical Writer with a passion for customer experience and written language. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, positive, proactive team player with a can-do attitude, and thrives on challenges and changes. With an acute understanding of the need for clear, crisp and engaging written material, someone who takes pride in being instrumental to deliver accurate and user-friendly content to the audience.
- As the organization technical writing champion, collaborate with Product Development and Engineering to organize and produce marketing deliverables including, technical instructions, product packaging, data sheets, and marketing copy.
- Rewrite long and outdated technical content with ability to shorten and restructure without compromising clarity and intent.
- Work closely with Marketing team (team members who manage social, email, website, tradeshows, ecommerce, campaigns, app, and graphic designers) to develop marketing messaging that drives home the value proposition of RectorSeal Holistic Solutions.
- Manage projects following department procedure, policing guidelines and conducting approval procedure via Marketing cloud-based workflow management and DAM (digital asset management) systems.
- Manage vendors and contractors as needed, specifically external PR agency.
Experience and Skillset Requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in technical writing, marketing writing or editing is preferred.
- Straight-forward, crisp, clean and clear writing style.
- Strong spelling, proofreading, grammar, glossary consistency and editing skills.
- Project management skills with attention to detail. Highly motivated and organized.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign) and Acrobat as well as MS Office suite.
- Quick learner and adapter when it comes to technologies, software, and digital trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conceive and produce quality, professional original technical narratives for product descriptions and a variety of marketing pieces.
- SEO content experience and knowledge a plus.
- Please be prepared to show a portfolio of writing samples.
Bachelor’s degree or technical degree in related field such as Marketing, English, Literature, Communications, Journalism.