Smoke & Acoustic Sealant
RectorSeal Smoke and Acoustic Sealant is high-grade acrylic latex sealant that permanently seals penetrations, membrane openings, & static/dynamic joints in smoke & sound-rated assemblies. Tested to ASTM E84, ASTM E90, ASTM E1399, ASTM C834.
- Tested for air leakage in accordance to modified UL 1479 and modified UL 2079.
- Low VOC and Meets LEED criteria under Environmental Air Quality and Regional Materials.
- Paintable, Flexible set and Easy to dispense. Water clean up, May be used in vertical and horizontal assemblies in linear joints in walls or floors.
- Interior grade and Protected in wet and dry stages against mold growth with a combination of biocides.
- STC rating 69- highest STC rating in market (tested to E90 standards as a smoke sealant)
For interior use to prevent smoke passage & impede sound transfer in non-fire rated assemblies. Can install around pipe, conduit, electrical cable/boxes ventilation duct, & other through/membrane penetration in non-fire rated assembly.