RectorSeal® Corp., Houston, the leading manufacturer of HVAC/R condensate removal products, introduces Actabs® DMSS a micro-biocide and dissolving treatment for contaminating solids designed specifically for maintaining clean condensate pans and drain line orifices in ductless and mini-split system (DMSS) air conditioning units.
Actabs DMSS are EPA-registered, two-gram micro-biocide tablets sold in 200-unit bottles. They're designed with a timed-release dissolving formula that dispenses the treatment evenly over a four-month period to prevent build-ups of algae, mold, slime, sludge, dirt, silt and other common contaminants in evaporator pans of ductless mini-splits, PTACs, other small air conditioning units and refrigeration systems. Actabs DMSS are designed for units of up to three tons and eliminate the need to break up larger air conditioning system tablets into ill-proportioned dosages.
Actabs DMSS promotes a clean condensate pan and orifice drain that ultimately helps prevent property-damaging overflows. Actabs DMSS is also safe for all piston, diaphragm and peristaltic style condensate pumps, and reduces periodic pump maintenance by completely dissolving particulates for cleaner and free-flowing filters.
Actabs DMSS is the third introduction in a product line that includes Actabs® for commercial units and Actabs® Jr. for one to five-ton units.
Other benefits of Actabs DMSS are:
- Formulated to sink to the pan bottom and not float or overflow in a condensate-filled pan.
- Ideal for PTACs and window air conditioners.
- Actabs DMSS also helps provide an allergenic benefit because biological contaminants won't be distributed throughout the occupied space by the mini-split air conditioner.
- Sold only through HVAC/R wholesalers and applied by qualified air conditioning professionals.
- Developed by RectorSeal's chemical technology laboratory's 40 years of experience in controlling biological contaminants in air conditioning systems.
- Safe for hospitals, data centers and other areas sensitive to harsh chemicals.
Actabs DMSS is a perfect complement to RectorSeal's full line of mini-split installation and cleaning accessories such as NoKink™--kink-free lineset connection; GasGuard™ and Novent®--locking caps for condenser refrigerant access valves; SlimDuct® and Fortress™--lineset protection duct; Desolv™--odorless evaporator coil cleaner specifically for mini-splits; Paircoil--pre-insulated linesets; Aspen Pumps--condensate pumps; and a variety of other accessories for condensate management and equipment mounting.