Refrigerant lines are push fit into PRO-Fit™ Quick Connect fittings within seconds without brazing, flaring or expensive crimping connection tools.
RectorSeal®, Houston, a leading manufacturer of quality HVAC/R products, and part of the CSW Industrials, Inc. [NASDAQ:CSWI] group of companies, has added the Quick Connect push-fit, flame-free, refrigerant line brass fitting system to its PRO-Fit™ tools and accessories product line for the North America and Australia markets. Quick Connect is the new generation of refrigeration pipefitting designed for ductless mini-split and ducted unitary, single-family residential air conditioning systems. It’s the HVAC/R industry’s only major refrigerant fitting system that doesn’t require flaring, brazing or expensive crimping connection tools.
After cutting, deburring and marking for proper depth, the refrigerant line installation requires just a few seconds to push into the fitting until the depth marking appears in the sight glass. Each Quick Connect fitting port consists of a patented factory-assembled tight-fitting double O-ring, protector, grip ring and an endcap–none of which needs to be addressed by the installer.
No special tools are required except for a reusable and inexpensive support kit that is sold separately, consisting of a pipe depth marking tool and five sizes of horseshoe-shaped release clips that disengage a connection within seconds.
Quick Connect comes in five fitting types–union, 90° elbow, reducer, 90°elbow reducer and socket–and the four most common lineset diameters of: 1/4-inch (6-mm), 3/8-inch (9-mm), 1/2-inch (12-mm), and 5/8-inch (16-mm). Quick Connect also includes 3/4-inch (19-mm) and 7/8-inch (22-mm) sizes, but only for the union and the 90° elbow fittings.
Quick Connect is UL certified and third-party tested under UL 157, UL 203, UL 250 and UL 1963. Passed test conditions include long-term helium leak, vibration, burst pressure, tensile strength, reusability, salt spray, fatigue, chemical compatibility and six other reliability tests. Quick Connect fittings accommodate system pressures up to 870-PSI and are designed for both HCFC and HFC refrigerants–R-22, R-410A, R-744, R-134a, R-407A, and R-507.
A video on a Quick Connect preparation and installation is available at https://rectorseal.com/product/pro-fit-quick-connect/.
Other Quick Connect features include:
- Double O-rings’ leak-resistant elastomeric materials are specifically designed and third-party certified under UL 157 test standard for minimal shrinkage (less than one percent) and swelling in R-410A/POE oil refrigeration systems;
- Service valves (1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 5/8-inch) are available on an OEM basis;
- Reducers and 90° elbow reducers step down from 5/8 to 1/2-inch, 1/2 to 3/8-inch, and 3/8 to 1/4-inch line sizes;
- Ideal for copper as well as coated aluminum refrigerant lines;
- Separate depth marking and release clip tools are available for each of the 3/4 and 7/8-inch diameter fittings.
- The 26-sku system is packaged in individual cardboard hangtag see-through bags;
- Five-year limited liability product warranty;
For more information on Quick Connect or other PRO-Fit and RectorSeal products, please visit https://rectorseal.com/product/pro-fit-quick-connect/ email: email@example.com; or call 800-231-3345.